QG&W welcomes the fourth recipient of the QG&W RMIT Open Bite Graduate Award, Sofia Montero-Rivas.
Once again we extend our gratitude to co-sponsors Shelter Shed Queenscliff who will be providing Sofia’s sustenance breakfast and lunch, all week!
QG&W are ever-grateful for the opportunity to be collaborating with RMIT in supporting our print community.
Previous QG&W RMIT Open Bite Award Recipients:
— Adam Wilkinson
— Brett Mallon
— Kit Williams
The QG&W RMIT Open Bite Graduate Award winner receives:
- five days private access to the print workshop at QG&W (mezzanine studio also allows for drawing/sketching/cutting etc)
- use of the press (W 580 mm x L 1080 mm)
- use of basic materials including: rags, blotting paper, tissue, tarlatan, rollers, inks, etc
- 10 sheets of Somerset supplied (560x760mm) additional paper can be purchased at cost or bought in
- tea and coffee available
- date to be agreed between winner and QG&W
- studio assistance by Theo as required during the access period
In addition, the Open Bite Student Association provides funds for accommodation in Queenscliff to the recipient while on the residency.